Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

New Decor in the Master Bedroom



I was in no hurry to decorate the master bedroom after all the Christmas decor had been packed away.   It has patiently sat with an unadorned mantle and an uncluttered look.  
This morning I got up and declared "today is the day"...lol!


One thing led to another /.....and I can't wait to share all the changes that I made!
  I decided to make my Victorian pink lady house the centerpiece of the mantle.    You have seen it on the family room mantle and most recently in the entry.    I took it down from the entry because I want to decorate for Easter there....soon!


I had picked up a smaller version of the pink lady at an antique mall the other day for $6    I decided that it would get a makeover and become the guest house and sit to the side of the main "house"


Here is the before......................................................and after

I couldn't leave the other side of the main house blank....so I asked H to make me a garage...thank you sweetie!     He cut me a garage form from some thin plywood that he had in his scrap pile and covered it with some ceiling tile wallpaper.    Then,   I hot glued some trim pieces to give it the look of a garage.   I also borrowed a car from his collection of metal cars to park in the drive way.

I gave a yard sale gazebo a pink makeover to add to the front yard.


The fireplace looked pretty plain after the Christmas was packed away.....


I stacked some mirrors and empty picture frames in front of the opening.....then I hung some of the hand work that I have been doing while watching TV in the evening.

Christmas fireplace..........................................New fireplace


Did I just mention that I have been doing some handwork in the evening.....lol!


I have been making yoyo's from the tons of scrap fabric that is taking over the studio.    I used my yoyo's to make some of my plain pillows look a little facier!


I added them around the outside of my heart pillows......


I think I might make a garland/banner out of some of the ones in my yo yo pile.

Before.......................................................................After
I moved the wicker house hamper that you see to the side of the bed to the family room.     In the after photo you can see what I put in it's place.

You couldn't see it very well,  so here's a closer look.

Before...............................................After

I moved the gold framed mirror to another wall and replaced it with a shelf unit that was hanging on the back splash in the kitchen.     When we put up the new back splash in the kitchen earlier this month,  I decided not to put the shelf  back up.


I hung my muslin ruffled wreath on the secretary.    It was on the coat closet  door in the entry,     I'm clearing out a lot of the stuff in the entry to make room for Easter decor.    


The closet next to the secretary has my ever growing collection of vintage lingere,

Here is the other side of the room.    The top of the chesser has been bare since I put away the woodland themed Christmas decor.   I have a simple floral design and DREAM blocks in the empty space.


I will add a few small pieces of Easter decor to the existing vignettes in a few weeks when I decorate for Easter.

16 comments:

  1. Hi penny, I love the way you put things together! Love your home, wish I could have the energy to do half of what you get accomplished! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your secretary. It's lovely. Your bedroom looks ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you which decor i prefer... Every single thing is gorgeous
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stunning. I do have a question, where do you put your day to day items such as hand lotion, nail file because I like you keep that kind of things within easy reach. I do have some very pretty pink roses and Ivy hat boxes that I put stuff in. Your bedroom is just like an ad for a romantic B&B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always so sweet and different. No one has the things you have which is what makes your posts so unique. It's called "Penny Chic" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, I have always wanted to do my house like this but we live in the country and farm and ranch so it would be dirty in no time. I do try to sneak a little into my western décor though.
    Thanks for sharing at least I can look and wish lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so pretty, Do not know how you keep it all, and so clean.
    One of my favorite things is to see what you have done
    HPS
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty looks! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always look forward to seeing how you change up your home, and am always amazed at your creativity and energy! Your bedroom is lovely, and I absolutely love those two pink velvet chairs on either side of the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fireplace in your bedroom is lovely. I imagine it's tons of fun to decorate it for the various seasons. Thanks so much for sharing at Over the Moon. We look forward to seeing what you have to share with us next week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pemmy, both of your pink ladies are lovely. And I like how you got the hubs to make a garage for you to balance it out. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Penny,
    A new guest house and a new garage finish the pink lady house to a T. Thanks for sharing at Monday Social.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun projects! I love the painted version of the Victorian House! :) Thank you for sharing with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Penny,
    Sorry I ave not been around to visit lately....I have been trying to take down all the Christmas decorations upstairs and then doing some big time cleaning after I did. I just have to un-decorate the Tree in the Sitting Room and I am finally done with packing Christmas away.
    Love the mantel in this room!! How imaginative you are......Everything looks lovely!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous room! I love the look. You sure can decorate a room. Thanks for sharing at Funtastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!