Blog Archive

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Easter Village



I made these houses last Christmas and really enjoyed seeing them during the holidays.    I  hated to pack them up after the holidays,  so I left a few out that didn't look too Christmasy......intending to use them in my Valentine decor.    Well,  Valentines Day came and went,  and I didn't include them in any of my Valentine decor.         


I decided to include them in my Easter decor.....in fact  love these little ceramic houses so much that I may just leave them out all year.    I can  decorate them for holidays or even the changing of the seasons.

These houses  all started out as ugly ducklings but I transformed them into swans.   If you would like to see the before and afters.....click here......http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2016/11/home-for-holidays-kitchen.html


I mixed small, medium, and large items to create the vignette on the buffet.


I tried to get close up photo's on each of the houses.....


The first house on the left .......


has a sweet mama and baby lamb in the yard.    A teeny bunny is standing by the porch.


The next house.......


has a mama and baby bunny.


The third house has a gate and two cute chicks.


Since these houses all started out as ugly ducklings,   I included some ducks in my Easter vignette.    There's Papa Duck...........


and Mama and Baby duck.


I have my houses on the buffet in the formal living/dining room.......this room runs parallel with the family living/dining room that you've seen many times.  
 You don't see this room very often because I don't like to photograph in here.   It sits on the north side of the house and doesn't get much light so it's hard to get good pictures..  (unlike the family room that sits on the south and is flooded with good light).


I carried my Easter.....ugly duckling theme.....over to the table.


I have the table set with my ducky plates......


And since I only have two ducky plates,   I used these sweet rabbit plates to finish out my setting for four.


My mothers Gone With the Wind lamps are on a table on each side of the buffet.


I have a simple vignette on the table on the left..............


And on the table on the other side of the buffet.......


I have another small Easter vignette.


The lit tree decorated with roses stays up all year.    Sometimes I decorate it for the holiday or changing season,   but I'm not going to decorate it for Easter this year.  
 The deer heads are a permanent fixture in the room so they wanted to dress for Easter this year     She has on her Easter bonnet and he has on his best black derby    I have a few of my vintage hats displayed on the large antlers on the right side over the buffet.
Hopefully,  I will get a few Easter decorations in the formal living area and will be able to share them with you!


14 comments:

  1. What a cute table setting and the houses little good enough to "eat"! A very happy place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is so pretty! I love it all the little houses are more than precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little village! For several years I collected Christmas villages, and for the past couple of years of so I have wanted to update them, well, paint them to match our décor {yours match perfectly as my colors are pink and white!} isn't it strange how sometimes we are afraid to update or change something we've held onto for so long? You have inspired me, it IS ok to paint my village! And it would look tons better!
    Beautiful village, beautiful room! Visiting you today from Meandering Mondays link up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny everything is so pretty. I love your dinner plates. I would have never thought to use them for dinner plates because the raise flowers on each end. They are beautiful. Keep thinking girl.You have a mind that never stops on making thing beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your easter village is fairy! The houses are absolutely romantic
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. The houses are perfect for your Easter décor. They look like that was what you always intended for them. Great display.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny,
    I love this room and always have!! Your Easter village is lovely and I like that you were able to use your houses for different Holidays!! I passed my Easter village that i bought many years ago on to my niece for our great niece to enjoy. She is 5 and loves things like that. She is quite the little crafter and they say she takes after me because my sister and my niece are not crafty. I will be passing on my Halloween village to my nephew for his 3 daughters to enjoy. I will keep my Harvest village for a few more years though. It is less heavy boxes to get down from the attic for us.I still have lots of other decorations though to fill the house with the absence of the villages!!And I LOVE those Gone with the Wind lamps!!! But I have told you that every time you share them with us!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penny, I love your little houses and all the decorations. Thanks for sharing.
    Joyous Wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penny I love the bunnies! And I love your home! Beautiful decorations! #TurnitupTuesday Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea to reuse your Christmas decor. You have an amazing bunny collection. There are some cuties for sure. Thanks for linking to Monday Social each week, Penny. I appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is heavenly and I'm sure you enjoy it as well as your guests!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Penny, Very pretty Easter Village display! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Brag About It!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your village, it is wonderful! Of all the Easter Villages I have seen the most delicate one I have seen is yours.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!