Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Summer Porch


I finished decorating the porch for summer today and I am so excited to share it with you!     H and I haven't bought New outdoor furniture in over 15 years.    I've picked up a piece here and there at yard sales over the years,   but I wanted something new this time!


I am more proud of the wicker sofa than any other piece......I've had wicker love seats and settees in the past. but never a sofa!  I hung the pastel flag I made last year over the sofa.


I covered the pad in a pretty aqua polka dot fabric and added an assortment of throw pillows......


I think the vintage milk bottle crates under the sofa give the porch a farmhouse look that is so popular right now,   don't you?


I have a small table in front of the sofa instead of a coffee table..     


To the left side of the sofa are the two matching wicker lounge chairs......

I hung my screen on the wall by the lounge chairs.......


I have a metal table with a deer family on the top shelf and a couple of ferns on the bottom shelf.


H and I plan to spend a lot of time in those lounge chairs this summer!


Behind the lounge chairs is a brass and glass sofa table that I couldn't find a place for and it landed there.   I bought that table back in about 1975 and have had it in storage for the last several years.    I pulled it out the other day and told H that I would either use it or sell it  (it's out of style so I probably couldn't sell it)   How can I sell something I've had so long.....maybe one of the kids would like it...lol!


I put the squirrels that you've seen many many times on it,,,,,, for now


On the right side of the sofa.........


Two rockers!  


I covered the rocker cushions with the same fabric that I used on the sofa pad.

Next to the rockers is the Barnyard fairy garden that I made yesterday.    

And finally the front door.......


Next to the front door is the umbrella that you've already seen in an earlier post......


I bought a matching settee for each side of the fireplace.......


I covered the cushion for it in a piece of fabric that you've seen me use before a couple of times on Valentines day.......and placed some fun pillows on  it

Here is the settee on the other side of the fireplace.....
 

I was tired by the time I decorated this piece and I just laid a round battenburg lace tablecloth over the aqua pad,  put a crocheted piece on the back and threw some pillows on it!


     Are you surprised that I didn't buy white wicker furniture?    

I thought that I already had enough white on the porch.....and I like the way the wicker had brown woven in it (brown like the bark on all the trees around the porch)    It also has black woven in (like the black shutters on the house)
 

Now I need to get serious about putting out some 4th of July decor in the front yard!



   


17 comments:

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    De très jolis imprimés ! Des coussins qui incitent l'oisiveté !... Merci pour le partage de votre joli billet.

    Gros bisous 🌸

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks great! I love how you covered the cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to have outdoor living spaces! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny,
    Love the new wicker!! It looks like what I have on the front porch which does not tell the dirt. It is very windy here and i could never do white on the porch because i would constantly be wiping it down. Did you get it at Big Lot's or Lowes? Mine chairs and table came from low's but the other table was bought at Big Lot's which carry the same color in wicker..... I think the color is perfect for all your white accents.....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb, Mine all came from At Home in Lubbock Texas....I just love it! hugs....

      Delete
  5. I love the new wicker! And the baby blue fabric that you've used on all the cushions. It is a nice compliment to all the white.
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've created a comfortable place to relax! Thanks for sharing it with us at Creatively Crafty #ccbg :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is so pretty, we just don't have porches like this in the UK so I'm a bit envious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! I learn so much from your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect setting for a summer day, reading a book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your summer porch ooks so inviting, a great place to curl up with a good beverage and a book.
    Thank you for sharing on #OMHGFF this last week!!
    Hope to have you drop by also for #OMHGWW this week!
    And I hope you have a wonderful week!
    Hugs
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your porch looks very girly and beautiful. I especially like the flag fabric art. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could relax in any spot in your porch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your new wicker furniture and how you've styled it, Penny! Thanks so much for linking up your posts with us at Vintage Charm :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So romantic and cozy! Wishing you a fabulous summer!!!

    http://artdecorationcrafting.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your porch sofa looks so comfy. I could just curl up a read a good book. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all of the fabrics you used! This is such a welcoming and cheerful outdoor space!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!