Blog Archive

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Burnish Copper and Blush Pink Fall Tablescape



I am so excited to share my burnish copper and blush pink fall tablescape with you today..


I "crafted" several of the pretties I used in my tablescape......


The first thing I made that I want to share is a big fabric covered pumpkin that I'm using as the centerpiece for my tablescape..


I covered my pumpkin with a sheer fabric that has embroidered roses on it.


I made a "nest" at the top of my pumpkin from some rose gold colored ribbon that I found in the Christmas isle at Hobby Lobby.    

Then I placed 3 baby pumpkins  (that I made)  in my nest.....two on one side.....

And one baby pumpkin on the other side of the nest.


The oversized piece of fabric that I used to cover my pumpkin had enough extra fabric left over after I gathered it at the top to make a pretty stem.     You can see in the photo that I just used thin twine to wrap my excess fabric in the shape of a stem.


I used butcher block paper as my table runner.     I found it easy to write on the paper with chalk and it wipes off good when you make a mistake....lol!

I think this coppery color goes with my decor much better than the standard brown paper.    I found it on Amazon.  ($20 for a big roll 18 inches wide)   I think the color they called it was pink/peach,  but it looks more coppery to me. 


The owl you keep seeing next to my pumpkin was such a fun project.     I made it with tinker toys and yoyo's!    I asked H if he could make me a body using baling wire and he had a better idea......make it with tinker toys.    
You can see in the first photo how I made the body from tinker toys......the second photo shows how the body was painted pink....and the third photo is how my owl turned out. 


I formed a stack of yo yo's by slipping them down the post....her body.    Then I folded lots of yo yo's in half and glued them in between the stack.   I wanted her body to be really full.   I glued a medium and small yo yo together to make her wings    I hot glued pretty buttons to the end of her toes.


I glued a white button and a smaller pink button to a yo yo to make her eyes.    Her hat is a large yo yo with a small one glued on the top of it.   


Here she is from the back.


I set the table with china dishes you've seen me use many times      Mother received the crystal stem ware in her wedding shower,  so it's over 60 years old.   


The only thing you haven't seen before is the flatware.    I found the pretty copper flatware at Walmart yes Walmart.     It's very heavy and the pattern is plain,  but for less than $2 for each piece I thought it was a great deal.      You buy it by the piece,  so you can get as many pieces as you need. 


Doesn't the blush and copper make an elegant tablescape!
    

I also changed the vignette on the small buffet at the end of the table.....


You may remember seeing the big rose bouquet on the hearth in the family room....well,  this is where it was relocated to when I changed the mantel decor to fall last week.     


15 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness your Yo Yo Baby is so darn cute!!! who'd of thought of using yoyo's that way, oh thats right its Penny!!! Clever girl!! But truely, everything is wonderful, always so much to see!! :)Pinned.
    Thank you for sharing on Oh My Heartsie Girls Friday Features
    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this table setting! Just love all the post this week! Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those little wooden pumpkins

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny, You certainly are crafty. I loved the big pumpkin and all the little ones on top in the ribbon nest. You make a lovely tablescape. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Penny for linking up and sharing your decorating ideas with us at #BloggersPitStop. have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny,
    Once again, I LOVE the big pumpkin!! So pretty!! And how cute that you rested the little one on top of the larger one!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful colors - these are wonderful year 'round!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Mimi
    http://inmyprimetime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The soft pink you've used for your fall tablescape is so creative! We often think we need to be beholden to rust and red hues. Thank you for helping us think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I really like the pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table is so pretty!! I just love the blush colors. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty hope you will share with us again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blush and coppery colors are such a pretty, unexpected combination for Fall! Love it! Thanks for linking up with our Merry Monday party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Penny, Your table is so beautiful. I love your fabric pumpkins and that owl with the tinker tools is precious.
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful posts at Over The Moon Party.
    See you next week.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this colour combination! What a beautiful table, and I love the sweet pumpkins you've made. Thank you so much for sharing this great inspiration with us at The Hearth and Soul Link Party.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!