Blog Archive

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Transitioning from Christmas to Winter Decor


It's no secret to anyone that reads my blog that I love Christmas and would be happy to leave my decor up all year long.    But then how could  I look forward to putting it up if I left it out all the time.....lol! 


I only purchased a few new things to decorate with this season,    and I tried to purchase decorating items that I could use year round.       


This chicken wire truck was one of the items I purchased this year......but I plan to use it all year long.


I filled my truck  with trees at Christmas,     Now,    I have it filled with a couple of rose pots and a pine cone / greenery pot adding a touch of winter to the mix. 


After I had packed away all the Christmas decor that was on this section of the kitchen counter,    I scrubbed it down good.        


I  bought this 5 foot long chicken feeder when I went to Petticoats on the Prairie in mid October.    It's been the centerpiece on the farmhouse table that's on the front porch....til now!


I decided to repurpose it as a tea cup holder.


See how the tea cups hang perfectly on it!


The only thing I kept from the Christmas kitchen counter was the Farm Charm sign that hangs on the back splash.
Before................................................................................After

I hung one of my cuckoo clock birdhouses on the open shelving and used it as a wreath hanger.......


A touch of winter greenery in my rooster vignette.


And here's the vignette next to the sink.


What was H doing while I "played" on the kitchen counter?     Making a chicken pot pie.   of course!     When he put it in the oven to cook,    I cleaned off the island and put my truck on it and started taking pictures.


He actually made two chicken pot pies.....he gave our daughter one when she came by.


I've started my winter decorating on the other kitchen counters,   so I'll be back soon to share the progress.



25 comments:

  1. Darling !! Love the farmhouse theme ! Love the tea cups on the chicken feeder !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun, Penny. I love that old feeder. We used them in real life on the farm when I was young. Whoever would have thought they would be used someday as decorative items?

    Hope you have a blessed, wonderful 2018. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your chicken wire truck. Each is an adorable vignette! Such a lovely kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever covers for sink and stove. The chicken wire trucks are great, I can imagine all the ways to use these in decor.
    Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your vintage and actually love your counters when we can see them, lol. Happy New Year to you , too. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO beautiful! I love your new teacup holder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had a hard time giving up Christmas too, but will be doing it soon. Maybe I'll start sooner next year to enjoy longer. Your teacup holder is very inventive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home is so pretty and interesting. Great kitchen. I haven't taken the tree down yet and most of the outdoor decorations are still up. When it gets a little warmer, I'll take them down. The tree will probably still be up mid-Jan! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm like you -- I would leave it up all year if I could (and in some rooms I kind of do!). Your kitchen is just lovely and your transition is such a nice one. (I come from Katie's party!) ~ jeanie from Marmelade Gypsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. That chicken wire truck is too cute. So is the feeder turned cup holder. Genius. Thanks for linking up to Keep In Touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a wonderful kitchen. My chef would be thrilled with that large island work space and the chicken pot pie! Happy 2018, Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your kitchen looks lovely, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so creative Penny. Your kitchen is beautiful. Thanks for sharing on #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the chicken wire truck, and also the chicken feeder. Very clever using it as a teacup holder!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Youre kitchen is so beautiful. I love pink and white... I have similar china and you have given me some ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all those little vignettes you have, Penny. You seem to find some really interesting and note-worthy items, too. My favourites have to be the roosters (!) as well as those dairy cows - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this winter decor! Thanks for sharing at Friday Frenzy Link Party! PINNED!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Penny,
    I thought I commented here but I guess I did it on facebook! Anyway, I am playing catch up.. I am feeling better today and have to go to work but I have heard it has been slow so i pray it will be that way for the next 2 nights. Love how everything looks and I love how you displayed the cups!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that chicken wire truck! How versatile! Thanks for sharing on The Blogger's Pit stop! Roseann from www.thisautoimmunelife.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a vintage chicken feeder that I use to display plates and I love the tea cups on yours! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my I love the stove and sink covers--you should share a tutorial on them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Penny, you are a marvel! Your decorating always leaves me murmuring with delight. You've made your kitchen look just as charming for the new year as it did for Christmas!

    And now I know that your husband is a marvel, too--just look at that chicken pot pie! :)

    Thanks so much for joining the Grace at Home party at Imparting Grace. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Penny, I became your fan after visiting your blog, seriously. Not only in this post even in other posts, your decorating styles is really awesome. After seeing all your decoration, you are really more creative, no one can think of this level. You can also read some flower decoration ideas at Aryan Florist's Blog.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!