Blog Archive

Friday, December 29, 2017

Welcoming in 2018


I'm so excited that in just a few days  we'll welcome in 2018....... aren't you!


I couldn't think of a better way to welcome in the New Year than to put up a gorgeous 2018 calendar


I remember going to my grandmothers house at the beginning of a new year and she would have hung all the new advertising calendars that she had received in the mail from local stores.    Back then,   that was all she had to decorate her walls with and there would be a beautiful calendar hung in each room....sometimes more than one.....lol!


I have printed off several pretty calendars to distribute around the house.


I found this gorgeous floral calendar on Janet's blog.....Shabbyfufu.     Here's a link to her blog if you would like a free copy of her calendar for your home......http://www.shabbyfufublog.com/2017/12/free-floral-printable-calendar-for-2018.html


If you would like something different,   try my Pinterest board.....Print It.    Here's a link to it......https://www.pinterest.com/penny2005/print-it/


I have the winter,  spring and early summer months on the left side of the empty window frame.......


Once I took down the Christmas stockings,  this wall looked pretty bare.....so what's a girl to do but fill it up!.    


I took down the architectural piece that I had over the window frames and replaced it with a metal Welcome to the Farm sign.


Here's the other side of the window frames.......


I have the other half of the year over here......
 

Summer......


Fall........


And the holiday months!
 

H and I will bring in the New Year just like we have in  past years.......low key.....with close friends and family.   

 Happy New Year!

24 comments:

  1. Oh wow Penny...what a fabulous idea and I appreciate you letting me know! Happy New Year...I'm excited too!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny,
    I am absolutely in love with this idea!!! So pretty!! I have a busy weekend... celebrated my son's Birthday last night, hosting an Open House for neighbor's this afternoon, have company coming in the day on Sunday and then the kids are coming over in the evening for joe's infamous lobster and then they will be back on New Year's Day for Lasagna and then i have work on New year's Day night!!
    Happy new Year to you and your family, my friend!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a Happy Wonderful New Year, Penny. What a cute idea with the window frames!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful calendar pages! My Grandma had a 240 acre farm. I remember her calendar hanging on the wall in the front room had a big picture of cows. It probably came from a feed store.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your calendar idea is so clever - and the result is so beautiful! I never think of calendars as a way of decorating (in fact, I kind of hide my calendar behind my pen and pencil holder LOL). But, you've opened my eyes to a new opportunity!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Happy Pink Saturday and Happy New Year!
    p.s. I'm also a fan of Janet's at Shabbyfufu - one of the best blogs out there IMO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing at Friday Frenzy Link Party! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful way to display a calendar and enjoy the lovely flower pics thru-out the whole year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! Beautiful idea! Happy New Year, Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love the calendars. How sweet to remember your grandmother in such a beautiful way! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    Pinning

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year! I love the way you displayed your calendar. How creative!
    Would you mind sharing where you found the "Welcome to the Farm" sign? I recently moved
    back to live on my family farm and would love to add the sign to my decor. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great way to showcase beautiful calendar pages!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful tribute to your grandmother! I love having things that remind me of people I love.
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! And what a lovely tribute! I love your style! Pinned! P~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year and thanks for linking up with us at #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty. It is always lovely to have reminders of those close to us in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful way to display your calendar. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is adorable and so smart. Love it. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your decorations are always so gorgeous! I LOVE the calendars with the beautiful font and the beautiful flowers on them! Happy 2018 to you!

    - Natalie A.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Janet's lovely calendar looks perfect on your window frame Penny.
    Thank you for linking up at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week and throughout 2017. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed all your beautiful posts and hope you’ll continue to share your shabbilicious gorgeousness with us in 2018.
    May your New Year be filled with lots of creative endeavours!!
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Penny, just popping back to let you know that I'm featuring this post at tonight's Create, Bake, Grow & Gather party.
    Hugs - Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  21. I printed off Janet's calendar, too. I love how you displayed it on your pretty board! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very clever way to use all those calendar printables! Like you're mom, I'm kind of sucker for decorate calendars everywhere I can fit one. Thanks for sharing with Party in Your PJs!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!