Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Farmhouse Coffee Table Vignette


I created a centerpiece for the coffee table using a vintage metal milk bottle carrier.


Before............................................................................After


I didn't clutter the coffee table,    but kept it simple by just placing a few things on it.       


I   decorated under the coffee table by layering a small pink fur rug over the existing blue and pink floral rug      Then,   I sat a hand painted wooden sign on top of the layered rugs.


The metal milk bottle carrier has compartments for 6 bottles of milk.    I filled the end compartments with 4 milk bottles that have a bouquet of flowers in each of them.      I left the big center compartment empty.    Why?........I wanted to make a pig pen for my cute little pink pig......lol!


I tied some fabric rag strips on the metal piece below the handle.......


Then,    I made my pig a comfy place to lay using vintage crocheted pieces.


I tied a wooden number on each end of the carrier.   
  To add the final touches,    I lit a candle and placed a metal sign that says   "everyday is a fresh start" on the coffee table.  


In the background,     you can see a sneak peek of the Valentine design I created on top of the piano.    I'll do a post on it soon with lots of close ups and details!

12 comments:

  1. Penny,
    Love what you did with the milk bottle carrier! The Pig Pen is just darling!!
    And I really like the rug that you are using in that room now..
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the milk bottle carrier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your living room is simply charming!!! I love the way you arranged the milk bottle carrier on your beautiful coffee table and the little piggy just added to the sweetness of it all. So lovely!
    Hugs from WV,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your coffee table and the centerpiece is adorable. The pug is sweet
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love old milk bottles! You made them very colorful and festive, and the pig is a nice added touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That has got to be the cutest, cleanest, most stylish 'pig pen' I've ever seen! Love all the little details you included.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Thanks for linking up at Friday Frenzy Link Party! PINNED!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the metal carrier, the numbers are a perfect addition. It looks wonderful Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Come by tomorrow to see your blog featured at Keep In Touch. That farmhouse sign is adorable. Thanks for linking up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your blue rug, want one like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty vignette! Your coffee table looks so beautiful. I love the "everyday is a fresh start" sentiment - it's so true! Thank you so much for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Link Party! Hope you are having a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!