Blog Archive

Friday, January 12, 2018

Mini Makeover for a Neglected Kitchen Corner


There is a little corner in the kitchen that always gets the short end of my decorating stick....lol!     So,  today I gave my little kitchen corner a mini makeover. 


I added some new pieces to the corner and left one of the existing ones.    The big fabric bulletin board on the side of the refrigerator is the only thing I left.


I took the piece of weathered foot board that you see in the first photo hanging above the cow picture.........and you see it used like a ladder on the wall in the second photo. 
    It can be used so many ways........I think I will hang my Easter kitchen towels on it later.


In the fall.....................................................................Now

You will notice a vintage telephone on the wall in the first photo has been replaced by a  piece of foot board in the second photo. 
 
  Funny story about that........The water line broke to the icemaker yesterday  (what a mess)    Anyway,   H took down the telephone so the plumber could get back behind the refrigerator to replace the line without hitting his head on it.    I decided not to put it back up,   but instead go with a fresh look for the new year.


What is H dong today while I work on the corner? 
 If you look on the stove he has a big pot of pinto beans cooking.    We make Enchiritos  with them  (that's a cross between a enchilada and a burrito)     Flour tortilla,   beans,  sour cream,  shredded cheese,   and top that all with enchilada sauce and more cheese.    You could add meat if you wanted to,  but we like them without it.   


He also made a batch of Sand Tarts........my favorite cookie.


All you need is a few ingredients.........


And the recipe that my mother gave me more than forty years ago.     I still use the original one in Mother's own handwriting........


Thanks for stopping by!






14 comments:

  1. Penny, Love that bulletin board. Oh a husband that cooks...what a treasure that is. :):) It was so sweet to see the hand written recipe of your mother's. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful..love the recipe..it is so simple..

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bulletin board is gorgeous! I'd love to know how you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have amazing and unique decorating ideas! sooo sweet to save your mothers recipes. It would be good to laminate them for protection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the recipe with your moms handwriting. Looks like my moms writing. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny,
    Looks great!! we had the plumber over the other day too but not too much of a mess. The water would not drain out of our tub!! Love how you hung that weathered piece!! And i LOVE the milk can. There is a large red milk can over my neighbor's that is mine if i want it! I am thinking of using it on the front porch because it is too big for my Kitchen even though it is red....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. That corner looks so lovely! I love the wreath - it really adds a beautiful, natural touch there :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the changes you made to the corner. My favorite things about your blog today is how your husband cooks and bakes...very sweet and the handwritten recipe of your mom's...very special.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bulletin board is fabulous. Thanks for the delicious recipe
    Hug

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet. I love seeing my mother's handwriting. I love the new corner. It's the first thing you see when you walk in your kitchen, I guess. It has to be cute! Thanks for linking up to Keep In Touch at Let's Add Sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the new look! Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle. Pinning

    ReplyDelete
  12. Penny, it's such a pretty, little space! Thank you for sharing the space & the recipe! You are one of the fan favorites at The Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's Showcase: http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/sunday-showcase-make-pretty-monday-8-32/ Hope you have a beautiful week! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  13. The new corner is lovely. I especially like the weathered foot board. I have many old handwritten recipes that I still love to use. My husband has asked why I don't just put them on the computer, but that takes away from how special they are. Each one has a story! Thank you for linking up to Party in Your PJ's!

    ReplyDelete
  14. While I do love what you did with the poor neglected corner (hahahaha nowhere in your home is neglected!) I absolutely LOVE the recipe card.
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!