Blog Archive

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Silver White Winter Farmhouse Vingette


I created a winter farm on the kitchen pass thru this morning.     It's hard not to include some touches of spring in my winter vignettes.   We've had some cold days recently,  but the forecast for the next 10 days is mid 50's and high 60's.


I replaced the small headboard that was hanging in the center of the pass thru with a fun metal tire swing      I have a sweet farm mouse in the tire swing now,   but I have plans to transform my swing into holiday and seasonal decor in 2018.


There are a couple of metal  barns on my winter farm......


No farm is complete without a windmill and farm animals.....
 

I filled my enamelware tired stand with hay,  a farm truck,  wooden pig,   cow coffee cup,  and some touches of spring flowers.     I have a frost covered spruce tree next to the tiered stand.
 

The inspiration for my vignette was the sign I have hung on the side of the hossier.....Silver White Winters that melt into spring,   these are a few of my favorite things!


Behind the metal barns is a silver tree with pink snow flakes and I have a second pick up truck next to the tiered enamelware stand.     Now what do I need to do?


Well,   the Christmas tree is still up in the family room.     


H packed up all the decor that has been in the display cabinet  you see in the left side of the photo.     Thank you H for giving me a clean slate to work with!


Here's another view of the empty display cabinet.....can't wait to pretty it up!

20 comments:

  1. I am convinced you are a frustrated shop owner---lol. I could never leave a display alone when I had my shop---tweaking and shifting every week...with 6 major seasonal shifts where EVERYTHING moved, except for the card racks. Lots of fun here Penny, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been in a lot of different shop's, I'm a huge fan. I must say Penny has pretty much everyone beat. House is beautiful.

      Delete
  2. Cute vignettes. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see up close what you have on your tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that swing , Penny!! How is your cold? are you feeling better? I have a cold now and had a routine Dr.'s appt. today and when they took my temp. , I had a fever of 100!! I feel terrible. I am just starting to take down Christmas and it will take me some time. We have wind chill factors for the next 2 days of minus 10 - 20 below zero!!! It is awful!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me again.... I want to see what is on that Tree too!! LOL!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did it again Penny. I don't know how you manage to always make everything look so well put together and beautiful. That metal swing is just too adorable. I hope the weather improves. I heard it's been terribly cold up there. Happy New Year Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Thanks for sharing at Friday Frenzy Link Party! PINNED!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My cousin used to have a mouse like that. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penny,

    Beautiful display! Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Penny, I love it! Everything about it is perfect . . . the barns, the windmill and the old pickup truck. Great job!
    Happy New Year!
    Connie :)
    P.S. I am celebrating 6 years of blogging with a Give-A-Way, please come put your name in the hat:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the little farmhouses! Where can I purchases these please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jann, I bought those in the Christmas isle at Tuesday Morning early in the season......hugs....

      Delete
  12. Adorable...I love the little piglets!!! Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck - Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Penny, your winter farm scene is delightful. I love the tin barns with their interesting roof lines. Happy 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woohoo! This post was our "Most Clicked" at Best Of The Weekend! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, love the mouse and the metal barns and how you displayed them. So glad you shared your vision and now I have ideas . . . oh boy, hard to beat these though. Thank you for sharing.

    Mimz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my what a wonderful and beautiful display Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  17. Where did you get your tin barns?? I LOVE THEM!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a wonderful vignette! I bet you can't pass it without a smile. :) Thanks for sharing with Party in Your PJs.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!