Blog Archive

Monday, January 1, 2018

Winter Kitchen



This cold I've got is really getting on my nerves......can't get anything done but cough!     After I share the progress I've made putting away Christmas in the kitchen    I think I'll take a long winters nap.....lol! 
 It was 60 degrees a couple of days ago here in Eastern New Mexico    but the last two days haven't got above 10 degrees with the wind chill.   Brrrrrr......


I had a blank slate on this counter after I put Christmas away......a new start for a new year!


I'm staying with the farmhouse look in the kitchen and it appears that I'm hanging on to Christmas too.    I may keep the trees up thru Easter,   would be fun to decorate them with bunnies don't you think!


I had this sweet pink tractor in the Christmas wreath on the front door,    and it found a home on the kitchen counter in my winter vignette.     It snowed a little bit yesterday....just a dusting really    So   I added some fluffy snow to my vignette.   


The centerpiece of my vignette is a section of vintage sewing machine drawers.


I moved the metal barns away so you could see it better.     


Now ......my buildings are back in place.   
These metal houses are made to hold a tea light candles,   but in my mind,    I see them as sheep and hay barns.



Moving across the counter......


I have a sheep and goat standing in some snow......


I placed a nest and baby chick in each of the two bottom sewing drawers     I used the top drawer to display some of my favorite dishes.
 

You saw one of the set of three metal buckets on the other end.      I thought these were so sweet.....new spring stock at Hobby Lobby.     I filled my buckets with a bouquet of white roses and winter greenery.


When I was straightening the upper cabinets,   it occurred to me that I haven't shown you the inside in a while.     


This was a project that H and I did the first part of 2015.


We stapled fabric to the inside of the doors,     and made little pockets with vintage doilies.


This is  a great way to showcase vintage hot pads. 
  It was a lot of work to do the entire kitchen,    but well worth it.     
  

Well,   it's time for my nap.    Wish I could shake this cold!


23 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon, Penny. My husband had a cough too. I have a new link party starting tomorrow. I'd love for you to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear that you are sick, Penny. Sending you healing thoughts! I love visiting your kitchen each season to see what you have done, but this is the first time I have seen the inside of your cabinets and I am IN LOVE with them!
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the winter white decor. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative! It is lovely! I am thinking of leaving my trees up but only because I am lazy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything you do and display. Gives me my own inspiration to do more decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun kitchen, love the dollies in the cupboards, nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny, I love your little barns and all your sweet animals. What a good idea to decorate the inside of your cupboard doors. I use mine for various notes to myself and a couple of recipes, etc. But they could be prettier, like yours!

    It sounds like you are having the same kind of sinus-bronchial bug I've been having. Coughing and coughing. I finally got my cool-mist humidifier going at night so I am sleeping some better but in the morning it's back to the coughing again. And this has been going on for almost two weeks, now. Makes you tired and somewhat ornery, doesn't it? I am some better than I was, but not enough to go out in this bloody cold weather we're having. And, yes, sleeping is good, it will help us get over what-ever we have contracted. I've been sleeping half the day most days!

    Take care and feel better! And Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feel better! Take more naps and stay warm. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year. Hope you feel better soon. I love the rag star! Did you make it yourself? If so, can you share how you made it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe, so sorry you are sick! Hope you get better soon, I understand about the cough, I had "something" felt like I was going to cough up a lung!!! lol Love the way you decorate. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your kitchen is so bright and cheery. Hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful treasures! Love the sewing machine drawers. Thanks for linking up to TFT!
    Amber
    Follow The Yellow Brick Home

    ReplyDelete
  13. 'Hopping over from Bloggers Pit Stop... Bunny trees would be wonderful and I love your little pink tractor. The inside of your cabinets are gorgeous! I bet you smile every time you open one! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks again for linking up with us at #BloggersPitStop with your creative decorating ideas. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all your designs! I bet your whole house is just amazing! Thanks for sharing at Friday Frenzy Link Party! PINNED!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Again, Penny, everything looks great!!! Love those trees in your Kitchen!! I definitely think that you should leave them up and decorate them for Easter!! You know me with Trees..
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow - I LOVE the idea of using the inside of the cabinets for decor (and functionality)! I am quite charmed by your post-Christmas 'naked' kitchen, too. :) Thanks for sharing with Party in Your PJs (and oh yes do keep the tree going throught the seasons - it's fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you feel better soon Penny! I hadn't seen the inside of your cabinets before; they are very unique and very pretty. Thank you for sharing your lovely decor with us at Party in Your PJ's. Pinned and shared.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks great. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your winter kitchen is adorable! Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful kitchen perfectly decorated for winter. Thank you for sharing at Sweet Inspiration Link Party :)

    www.artdecorationcrafting.gr

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!