Blog Archive

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Get a Spring in your Step


I've been waiting for the local garden center to get a load of spring plants in and they finally did!
   


We haven't opened the greenhouse up yet and it's still a little early to plant them in the yard,   so the kitchen is full of spring plants.
 The yard artwork is stored in the greenhouse over the winter and we haven't had a chance to put them out in the yard yet.


I have my pots of spring plants mixed in with the faux ones that were already in the kitchen.    The new faux plants are so realistic that  you can hardly tell the difference.......see if you can


Two pots of  Ranunculus were the first thing to "spring" into my cart......love them!


I decorated the kitchen for  Easter while I was putting out my spring plants.     I hung a lavender themed egg garland across the sewing machine drawers.    I put a print of a lavender field on the lower drawer.


The spring plants found homes in some pretty china containers and metal buckets.


Spring has sprung in my kitchen!


H cut me some small Bradford pear branches from the trees in the front yard.      Maybe I can force them to bloom a little bit earlier in the kitchen. 
  The new plants need lots of sun which they can't get on my kitchen counters.    SO,    for a few hours each day I  put the sink cover on and set them in front of the kitchen window.


I put moss over the soil to help retain moisture.    


I put plants and Easter decor on each section of counters in the kitchen.


I plan to plant my lavender in the yard soon,   so I just set the plain black garden center pot in a pretty white crate and tucked in some faux flowerson the side.


The plants get lots of sun when they are on the sink cover.


I printed a banner to hang across the chicken feeder.


Here's a close up of the lovely lavender pictures on my banner.


I have a bunny and carton of eggs.........


on each side of the banner.


I added some spring to the burner cover too.


I have a metal bucket of tulips and a "spring chicken" on the cover.


At the end of the counter is a big picture window that is flooded with sunlight.


I have two bigger pots of spring plants in front of this window.     


Lobelia........


and Lambs ear.


I hung a wreath in the window that  I made using cotton bolls and pussy willow.


The kitchen not only looks like spring has sprung,   but it smells like it too!


If you want to get a "spring in your step",  visit your local garden center!









13 comments:

  1. Love all the decorations in your kitchen. It definitely looks like Spring has sprung in New Mexico! You have such a talent for decorating and I love how you mix faux flowers with real ones but no one knows which are which. They all look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your kitchen is so lovely! I can't wait to get some spring flowers and plants as well, but it's too early here in Chicagoland! I agree, some of the faux flowers today are so life like! xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your kitchen! Can I ask where you got that adorable lavender chicken? Mary (masteinbrink(at)msn(dot)com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found her at a yard sale several years ago.....hugs...

      Delete
  4. Penny,
    Your Kitchen just screams Easter and Spring!! The Spring plants in your lovely containers are so charming..... No signs of Spring here as another Nor'Easter will be hitting us on Wednesday.......
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your spring decors and flowers are so pretty in Your cozy kitchen
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your plants are beautiful. Memorial day is the rule of thumb around here. Any earlier and the plants have to be frost resistant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your spring kitchen decor is gorgeous. I can't tell which plants are faux at all! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely decor with us on Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking at your beautiful kitchen makes me want to visit my local garden center; it's so pretty! Thank you for sharing on Party in Your PJ's. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the grouping of China containers. It is so warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have used some of my favourite spring flowers here, Penny! Love how you have used the containers. Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful ideas with the Hearth and Soul Link Party! Hope you had a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It will all be so pretty outside too but it looks lovely in the meantime. Thanks for sharing at Keep In Touch.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!