Blog Archive

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Pastel Stars and Stripes Banner


I dressed my rusty old bicycle up for Memorial Day with a pastel stars and stripes banner and  three baskets full of pink geraniums.


I love red, white,  and blue patriotic decor,    but I wanted some colors that are a little softer for my bicycle


I can't wait to share my pink banner with you later! 


Pink and Aqua go so well together don't you think!



H is still working on our new deck......he's almost done and my head is full of ideas for decorating it


My bicycle was pretty rusty when I bought it more than 10 years ago......


I don't know if it can get and rustier......lol!


I have a basket on each side of the back wheel filled with silk geraniums.      


I found my baskets at Hobby Lobby recently.


I tried my banner on the fireplace first.......


Then,    I hung it across my bicycle and liked it there a little better.


Get your copy of the banner here.........https://wingsofwhimsy.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/stars-n-stripes-gone-wild/


And here's a link to my Pinterest board for this print.........https://www.pinterest.com/penny2005/red-white-and-blue/


H put up part of the fence panels yesterday...........the deck is coming right along!



12 comments:

  1. Awesome! You always have such inspiring ideas! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I have a vintage bicycle that's been hiding in my garage for quite some time. You inspire me to get it out and give it some decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The banner is gorgeous. You always amaze me with Your beautiful decors
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bike and the banner look perfect together. What a beautiful piece on your deck. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday. Hope to see you at the party next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty. It says it is summertime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is beautiful! I have a piece of framed art I use for summer, which features a vintage bike and a basket of flowers. Your decor reminds me of that.

    I am visiting from Wordless Wednesday.

    Blessings,
    Patti @ Celebrating Our Days

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, I love the bike and bunting, everything goes together so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty! I absolutely love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Penny, your house is indeed an inspiration! Love the pastel stripes and star banner, with the rusty old bike.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Penney, this is actually the second time I commented--last week too. Wonder if it's going to your spam folder? Anyway I hope you see this one because I wanted to let you know I'm featuring you at tomorrow's Vintage Charm party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Penny,
    Love the rusty bike and the pretty banner!! It just screams Summer!! Very pretty!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!